Saturday, January 16, 2016

Lofty Goals

One of my goals for 2016 is to allow myself to feel good when I'm feeling good. I realized this morning after my meditation that I am really working hard to be healthy. I am putting in the time and the work, and while I'm far from there, at least I'm getting there. I struggle with allowing other people's negative energy affect me. I can wake up in the best mood ever, and all it takes is for me to be around a few negative Nellies, and my mood is as bad as theirs. But I'm realizing that just like everything else, I have a choice. I don't have to let anyone suck me down to their level. I want to be more secure in who I am, and how I feel about things. I feel like I've been working on myself for over a year now, so it's time to start showing some of the results. It's time to stand up for myself, and feel proud of myself. The meditation practice I chose this morning gave some affirmations, and one of them was to be okay with loving yourself. It's funny, because everyone tells us to love ourselves, but too much love can be frowned upon. I've said I'm proud of myself for one reason or another, and gotten some side-eyes. I'm saying all of this to say that I want to continue to grow as a person, and I want to be proud of the growth, and enjoy the benefits of the work I'm doing. And unfortunately there are always going to be toxic people. I want to try to structure my life going forward so that iIcan avoid toxic people and situations as much as possible, and be able to let the negativity roll off me when I can't avoid them. I want to be the change and all of that. In the past, at times when I was at my lowest I would occasionally experience people who were just glowing with positivity, and I always loved being around them, and felt inspired by them. In their own way they contributed to my current journey.
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment