Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Back to Reality

After ten days of mourning the loss of my cat Dylan I'm slowly coming back into the world. Grieving is a hard, somewhat strange process, and I don't have a whole lot of experience dealing with it head on. I meditated again today for the first time in ten or so days. I was originally going to start ten minutes in January, but I did five minutes today because that's all I felt up to. Even five minutes was a challenge. I cried through a lot of it. But instead of getting mad at myself, I just accepted that that is where I'm at today. Acceptance seems to be a lesson I'm learning.
After my meditation, I felt lighter somehow, like I had just had a good hour long cry. The kind of cry where you release all of your pain.
This is just a short little post to tell all three of you that read this blog that I am still alive and I had planned on writing about some New Years goals and such, and life just kind of got in the way. It's so good at doing that. So, I'll be posting a better late than never New Years goals and wishes type of post sometime in the very near future.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment