Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Going All In

I made these myself!
You may wonder why I have a picture of my veggie sushi rolls from last night. These rolls are quite an accomplishment, and believe it or not, I believe I owe it to meditation. I tried to make sushi a few months ago, before I was meditating, and let's just say the end result was not pretty. I watched several how to videos, and just failed in every single way.
Well, yesterday I was out and about and I walked by a million and one sushi places. I was tempted to stop and get some take out veggie rolls, but I also remembered that I had sushi rice, nori wraps, tofu and a red pepper at home. I decided to give sushi making another shot, and as you can see the rolls aren't perfect, but they are pretty dang good. I just felt calm, and focused when I was making these rolls. I didn't work it up into a big, monumental deal in my mind. And most important, I didn't sit there telling myself this was going to be a failure.
There have been several other small shifts I've noticed in myself that are only happening because of meditation, and also because I'm open to change, crave it, desire it. Times I've caught myself showing more patience towards myself, or other beings, or also situations. I need to start carrying around a notebook so I can write them down.
I have always been somewhat of a skeptic when it comes to self help feel good kind of stuff. I guess I always felt like maybe it works for other people, but definitely not me. I feel so differently now. The thing about it is you have to commit to feeling good. Other times I would half ass it. I would quit drinking for a week, but not smoking. Or vice versa, and jus other self destructive habits. I never was willing to really go for it. I'm certainly not doing everything I can do, but I am doing a lot. Like every single day, I am actively working on feeling and being the best I can be, and I can feel and see results.
Sushi forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment