Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Day in the Sun

Well, I did it. I went and sat by the pool and nobody threw rotten tomatoes at me, or called me names! I know it sounds so ridiculous to some people, but to those of us who have ever been taunted and bullied, the fear is hard to get over. I spend a lot of my life when I'm out in public waiting for someone to start calling me names. For me bulling happened several times in my life at different times, so I guess no matter how old I get I will always be a little fearful. But I was thinking this morning that maybe every time I push myself to do something that scares me and nothing happens, maybe it erases a little of the fear. I don't know, pushing myself to do scary things with no alcohol to make me ballsy is new to me. But it can't hurt.
The sun felt so wonderful, and it felt so good to just do it, and not be a prisoner of my fears, and a prisoner to what people think. I think it's so easy to tell other people to not care what anyone thinks, but it's not so easy to take your own advice, at least that's what I've always noticed.
Anyway, if anyone ever reads this who needs a little inspiration to sit in the sun, here it is. You can do it, and it feels really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment