Monday, October 19, 2015

Getting Crafty

This green juice is very significant in my life. If this were just two years ago, this green juice would be a beer, followed by many more. Maybe if I was feeling fancy, it would be a glass of wine. You get the point. As someone who in the past has soothed myself in all kinds of unhealthy ways, I can say with 100% confidence that green juice is the clear winner. Green juice is the Bernie Sanders of healing your soul. It's not green juice specifically, it's the act of taking care of yourself and your body. I think a lot of us, myself definitely included abuse ourselves further when someone hurts us. Whether it's a partner, friend, family member, or whoever. That's been my MO for most of my life.
It feels so nice to allow myself to sit with my feelings. I'm not drinking or smoking them away. I feel like not only am I healing my current wounds, I feel like I'm figuring out a lot of things from my past, and healing old wounds. I have lots of old wounds I drank and smoked away. Learning to cope and deal in a healthy way is a work in progress for me.

Yesterday was a grey and rainy day, so I had a spa and craft day and it was perfect. The bottom picture is one of my favorite homemade masks. It's just half of an avocado with some turmeric powder and a little agave. It makes your skin so baby soft and nothing was harmed, killed or tested to make it happen! I also made these pen holders. You know the canisters that The Republic of Tea come in? Well, I just covered them with double side tape, and yarn! I happen to love mustard yellow and eggplant purple together, it's one of my favorite color combinations. The really hilarious thing is that that combo is the team colors of the university of Washington Huskies! I am by no means a sports fan, so the fact that I even realized this after I made these is pretty miraculous on it's own! It was a fun craft to do. I plan on getting some different colors of yarn as I have more canisters. It's a fun rainy day netflix/podcast project. So much cooler than a hangover.
You know there is that old saying "looking good is the best revenge"? And that quote morphed into different variations all having to do with looking "good" or "hot" as the best revenge. Well, I challenge that quote, and I say "feeling good is the best revenge". I always think the most attractive people are the people who are truly happy with themselves, and their life. It's something that comes from the inside, not any outer feature.



2 comments:

  1. A spa and craft day sounds lovely. Another version I have heard of that quote is 'Living well is the best revenge'. Green juices and self care definitely fit with living well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the living well saying too. I think living well, and taking care of yourself just naturally result in looking your best!

      Delete