Thursday, October 22, 2015

Two Simple Words- Thank You.

This clip cracked me up. It's so true too! I guess that's one of the many reasons Amy Schumer is the best. She makes us laugh at the truth, which isn't always easy to do. I've made a conscience effort in the past few years to just accept compliments, not argue them away. When I was younger, especially in the throes of my eating disorder I was the worst. If you had the audacity to compliment me, you paid the price by hearing a long, detailed argument of why you were wrong, and I was hideous. It's funny how hard it is sometimes to just say "Thank You". Now, I love random compliments. Have you ever been having one of those days from hell, and a stranger compliments you, or even just shows kindness in some way, and it just shifts the direction of your day? I also like to give strangers compliments. I love it when it takes them off guard, and they just get a little extra pep in their step. I wonder if men argue compliments away the way some women do?
I saw this candle yesterday while I was out and about, and I had to get it. It smells so citrus-y which always makes me feel happy and energized. It says it has lime peel and essential oil of immortelle. I have never heard of that oil, but it sure makes for an awesome candle!
I hope everyone who reads this has a happy day full of compliments!


2 comments:

  1. I do think sometimes in groups of girls we do get use to that "Oh no! Stop I don't look that nice!" thing that when people would just say thanks sometimes it would stop people in their tracks. The weird thing is that this is a common thing in Korea for men and women. In fact when you learn Korean one of things they tell you is how to say "oh no, my Korean isn't very good" if someone compliments how well you can speak Korean! How crazy?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is insane! I believe in being humble, but I also believe we should be able to acknowledge our accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete