Friday, October 30, 2015

Sports Injuries

I'm feeling so dang athletic this week. I came home Wednesday from my trek, and the entire back of my left sock was red. I had a bloody heel. The day before I was out and about, and I was breaking in a pair of shoes, and then I was breaking in these sneakers and my heel paid the price. I live in flip flops in the summer, and now that I'm back In Seattle, I've been able to rock my flip flops through October. So, my heels are tender from being able to live free! But, because I am determined to continue on with my goal, yesterday I wore flip flops on my trek. It was either that or not do it until my heel heals. (ha) The old me would have let my bloody heel, and the rain be an excuse to not do this. Which also would have opened the door for a whole day of self loathing, and probably making some bad choices along the way. I'm starting to really understand how life is just a series of choices. And those choices set the mood for other choices.
I used to look at people who seemed to always make the right choice as some kind of special breed. Some people really do make it seem effortless, and I just always thought they had something I didn't. At the time, I guess they did. They had the ability to make healthy, happy choices. I did too, but it was buried so deep under my funk.
I'm only the third day in, so I still have far to go. But to put things into perspective, I once made a goal with myself to have a twenty four hour drinking day. Yes, that's right, twenty four straight hours of drinking. No sleep, little to no food, and lots of cigarettes to go with my beer. Yikes. What makes that even worse, I think I made it longer than twenty four hours. There was a time when I had quite the tolerance! I'm not proud or bragging, but my bad choices are part of my life, and part of me. It's easier to talk about some of the bad choices when you're working on making better ones.
I think I am very slowly finding my way in this big, bad world!


No comments:

Post a Comment