Friday, October 23, 2015

Dinner for One

Today I wanted to talk about one area of loving yourself that I feel like doesn't get talked about much. I wanted to talk about preparing meals. So many single people that I have known and know don't bother to really cook for themselves very often. When they do prepare food, it's usually totally boring and simple. Now, if you don't know how to cook, or just don't enjoy cooking that's fine. But I've known of a lot of single people who enjoy cooking, and will cook up a storm when sharing a meal. Having only condiments in the fridge is definitely not just a bachelor thing. I have nights where for whatever reason I just can't be bothered to cook, and I have plain rice, or a frozen veggie burger. I appreciate having the luxury of having that choice, as I don't have the responsibility of feeding a human family. But as a general rule I like to make food that I put some thought into. I feel like I deserve it. I also enjoy cooking, but that really is beside the point. The more I do to take care of myself, the stronger I feel as a person. So many things go into really being your own best friend. I really encourage any single person to cook a nice meal for themselves if it's not already a routine. It feels very soothing. I know a lot of recipes are for at the very least two people, but over the years I've learned what foods I like a lot of, so leftovers are cool, and other recipes I've learned how to cut it down to one serving.
It's almost less about the cooking, or the meal, and more about loving yourself enough to take that time, at least a few times a week.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment