Monday, October 19, 2015

Positive Vibe Monday

The other day I was on the bus, route number 40 to be exact. We were going down west 85th street, and while I wasn't feeling horrible, I wasn't exactly skipping with joy either. As the bus went down the hill, there was the most amazing view of the Olympic mountains. Just right there for the viewing. The sun was shining perfectly, and it reminded me how lucky I am to be living back in Seattle. Ballard is my favorite neighborhood in Seattle, and I lived here back in the day, and remember that view from that bus vividly. I used to dream of it in PA. I used to feel so sad thinking of how many times I was on that bus and didn't appreciate that view. Never again, no matter what kind of mood I'm in, I will never take that view for granted again! You don't know what you got till it's gone is so true!
Two more things happened that day that made me so happy! I saw a vegan food truck, which made me realize how far I've come. That would never exist in Erie! I also saw a guy proudly walking down the street with a shirt that said Kale! The ones that were super trendy a few years ago. In Erie I was about to gag if I saw one more person wearing camouflage, not ironically, and not because of any fashion. Most people there would probably ask you what kale is! Ha!
I'm making this promise to myself today that I am always going to take joy in what is right in front of me. I've spent so much of my life trying to find joy, and escape pain that I missed a lot of small things that can make for a pretty dang good day. There is too much ugly about this world that if you don't let yourself see the beauty you'll go nuts. Or become a negative, toxic person. I know too many of those kinds of people, and I don't EVER want to become that way.  That's one of my biggest fears.
I'm going to try to have every Monday on this blog be all about good vibes. I will be talking about three things that made me happy, or three amazing things happening in the world, the sky is the limit. I just wrote myself a Post-it note, so hopefully I remember to keep up good vibe Monday. I think we all miss a lot of beautiful moments waiting for something to happen to make us happy!
A Good Life is a Collection of Happy Moments- Dennis Waitley

2 comments:

  1. Great happy thoughts indeed! I have been thinking about starting another journal. Daily I would put in 'things I enjoyed today' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I lived in Erie and was so unhappy, I used to write down little moments or things that made me happy, or that I was grateful for. It really helped. I think it's so easy to forget some of the little things, and take them for granted. At least i know I do, so I like to keep myself in check.

      Delete