Sunday, March 27, 2016

Moving Foward

Yesterday was the perfect day for running errands, sunny, breezy, and crisp. It was the picture perfect spring morning. I went to my favorite neighborhood in Seattle, Ballard. I was walking down Market Street which is full of cool independently owned shops and all kinds of coffee shops, bars, pubs, and restaurants. You can find food ranging from the cheapest teriyaki to restaurants that are way out of my budget. It's a super interesting place to be if you like to people watch. Market Street would for sure make my top five list of favorite places in Seattle.
As I was walking down the street, I really took in a whiff of kind of fresh air, and took note of how great it felt to be out and about in the morning with no hangover, and no need for a gallon of coffee and a million cigarettes to get going. If you've ever smoked cigarettes, you know how good it feels to not smoke cigarettes. An appreciation for really deep breathing. I like walking around feeling healthy with other healthy people. I've always enjoyed being around healthy people, it's just that I felt like I was mucking up the place with my toxic ways.
As I was walking down the street, I passed a guy standing outside having a cigarette and a red bull. It looked like maybe he worked in one of the shops. I remember those days so vividly where I had to have coffee and a red bull to function. I lived that way for too many years to admit.
When you're on a journey towards health, it's so easy to criticize yourself over the changes that aren't happening as soon as you'd like, and not take time to acknowledge the changes that have happened. After I passed red bull cigarette man, I breathed in a huge gulp of air, and felt gratitude for the fact that I didn't need or want a red bull or cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment