Thursday, March 31, 2016

Skipping

I've always admired people who don't let much get them down. I can think of coworkers I've had who never really let rude customers get to them, or if they do it's very temporary. They are able to shake it off so easily, where I was always the one to cry, or get super mad, or I would have to have a million drinks after work to calm down, which really didn't work. My Joy has always been easy for people to suck.
I was waiting for the bus the other day, and a little girl was skipping down the street, in her own head, unaware of the cars driving by, or anyone else on the sidewalk. She was carefree at least in that moment. I thought back to when I was her age, and I couldn't really remember ever feeling that carefree. I've always been afraid to get teased, or laughed at. I went through an unfortunate punk stage as a late teenager, and the main reason I wanted to look "hardcore" was so that people would be too scared to look or laugh.
Meditation seems to helping a little bit with letting people steal my happiness. I feel like lately I've been able to shake negativity off a little easier. But I don't really know if I will ever skip down the street with abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment