Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Good Vibe Tuesday!

Patience is something that I struggle with. I never realized how little patience I had until recently. Over the last few days I've noticed that I'm very conscience of that, and I've been able to catch myself several times and easily talk myself out of getting super irritated. It's such a waste of energy some of the little things. I almost have laughed at myself a few times for the little things I was getting worked up over. I really think guided meditation is helping me to be more mindful. Or healthier, I don't know which, but who cares because it's working! Even though I am still struggling with being able to focus for the whole five minutes, I'm still wanting to do it every morning because i can feel it working. At weird times too. Like this morning before i even got out of bed I was thinking about how positive I felt, and I had this feeling I can't describe, because I've never had it before, but it's like a glow-y energy feeling. I'm starting to actually believe that maybe I can create the life i want to live. Maybe I don't have to be a servant, sorry server or some other job that makes me want to jump off a bridge, maybe life can be more. I've never really believed that for myself before. It's scary and weird to even be typing these words, but it's also pretty amazing. The longer this challenge goes on, the more I'm seeing how powerful meditation can be. And I'm doing a measly five minutes, half of which I'm fighting with my brain to simmer down! I used to think you had to meditate for hours, and that was always what scared me to be honest. I really recommend trying to make yourself try. I just checked, and there are even one and two minute guided meditations!
Something else that has been making me happy is this book that I'm reading by Jonathan Tropper. It's called One last thing before I go and it is making me laugh, it's made me cry, I love it. Even though the main character is a man, I as a woman can still relate to a lot, and having dated men, it's helped me understand some past relationships a little more. Jonathan Tropper wrote the book This is where I leave you which was turned into a movie by the same name. I loved the movie almost as much as the book! He has this way of writing about damaged people that allows you to see their flaws, understand what a dick they are, but still also see the good in them, and understand why they made some of the choices they did. It's really beautiful. These characters seem real, like people I have met, and will meet. It's a book that I want to hurry up and finish, but at the same time I never want it to end. If you have a holiday vacation coming up, I recommend this book. It's both a light read, and a book that makes you feel and think.
Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. There is a reason why people embrace a "simpler" life and I think a lot of it goes with being healthier (taking the time to make a home cooked meal, doing physical activities and therefore exercising), mindful (focusing on one task). Lots of studies have shown multitasking is counter productive, and I have to agree. I have been getting so much work done the last few days when I focus on one task... except blogging. Totally running out of time for that XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the worlds worst multi tasker! I am definitely someone that needs to do one thing at a time. My ex would swear that he could multi task and play video games and listen to me, yet he never seemed to remember ANYTHING I said while doing so. I always feel stressed out when I'm around people who are doing a million things at once. I feel like they are going to have a heart attack at any moment.

      Delete