Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Listen to Yourself!

I am so thankful that I didn't listen to the interwebz when it came to paint my cabinet. I watched a few tutorials on YouTube, and according to them I should use special laminate paint. This was supposed to be a free project, and so I didn't want to spend money on paint, when I have all this extra. On a side note, Home Depot, or any type of hardware store/section is not my favorite place to be. I feel very out of sorts. So, I decided to make my own rules, and use the paint I had. It turned out a smashing success!
Original bland color
Chunk, mid yawn. Inspecting is such hard work!
The color is a little deeper than the picture. I remember having the same issue with the pictures of my walls when I painted them. But regardless, it turned out great, and I had no issues with the paint I used. Now that it's totally dry, I see a few spots where I need to touch up, but other than that it's ready! Now, I have a place to take food pictures for my other blog, and the drawers are very deep, so I can keep lots of spices and other pantry items in there, since space in my kitchen is so limited.
It's so incredible to me how much better it feels to be handling my pain and emotions productively, not drinking and smoking my days away, an endless spin of misery. I still feel just as crappy and cry much more than I would admit, but it isn't controlling my whole day. I feel like I'm working through, not just getting over.
Before I sign off, I want to say to anyone who might be struggling with wanting to be self destructive, find a hill. It doesn't have to be an actual hill, but find a challenge for yourself, and really make yourself stick with it. The cravings for things that are bad for you will go away naturally, no need for any help. When you are doing good, and you want more good, and you become very protective of that feeling. You don't want anyone or anything, including yourself taking it away.

4 comments:

  1. I commented on your other blog how cool this looks, but you mentioned not using the right "paint" and I've painted furniture will wall paint before and isn't perfect but works. Basically the only thing that happens is that it scuffs easily, so I would recommend trying to not put too much stuff on the top, or find a finished piece of glass or acrylic to put on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've noticed that it scufffs very easily. Thanks for the suggestion of glass or something for the top. I'm willing to be a little careful, because I didn't have to spend any money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to listen to myself more, too!

    ReplyDelete