Saturday, November 14, 2015

Plant a Seed, Watch it Grow!

Patience is something I lack. It doesn't run in my family, and it wasn't shown to me as a child. I've only really recently really made the connection, and admitted to myself that it is a problem. I want to learn to be more patient with myself, and with others. I made the connection earlier this morning when I was writing my post on my vegan blog, today is my 500th post over there, and it's pretty amazing, and unlike me. I realize that although I have a LONG way to go, I have shown myself some patience. When I first started that blog, I didn't know what the eff I was doing. I didn't know how to post a picture, or a link! How embarrassing! I thought, no one wants to read things without gorgeous pictures! And, I didn't even know if I would be able to write anything that anyone would want to read. Some people don't have a way with words. But, I was patient with myself, and I kept blogging, and I kept trying my best to learn what I could, and I just tried to let stuff happen organically, instead of trying to rush, and then getting frustrated.
I think the fact that I want to help spread the vegan message made it easier for me to stick with it. Because saving animals is more important to me than my silly ego.
I still have a long way to go with patience, but I have noticed lately that it's easier for me to catch myself when I feel like I'm about to lose it, I'm more able to breathe myself through it. My kitchen in my apartment is very tiny, and the other day I felt myself getting worked up, and I stopped, stepped out of the kitchen and what I was doing, and just breathed. I was cooking a meal, nothing worth getting all worked up over. That's progress for me!
I think I've given up on myself a lot in the past. I had no faith in myself, and I certainly didn't have the patience to try to hang in there with things. I don't want to give up on myself anymore.
More and more every day 'm learning the importance of not giving up on yourself. It's never too late for any of us to change, and the smallest little change can change SO many things, and open up so many other doors. The key is being PATIENT!
I hope i can encourage other people who struggle with issues to not give up on healing yourself. Nothing really heals the pain like dealing with the pain.
Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment