Thursday, November 12, 2015

Musings and Thrifting

May we all find this level of contentment!
Is this a best friends for life picture or what? I catch my kitties in some of the cutest positions sleeping. I often wonder if they ever hover over me in my sleep thinking I'm so cute. I somehow doubt it. They hover over me if they feel it's time for breakfast, and I need to wake up!
I wanted to talk again about the militant vegan health police. I know I already ranted, but it is a very upsetting subject for me. I know this sounds naive, but when I first went vegan, I assumed I would just magically have something in common with any other vegan I met. I feel like veganism has nothing to do with us, or how we look, and everything to do with wanting to save and protect animals. This was when I spent zero time on the webz, so I guess that explains my naivete.  It just shocks me because I never would have imagined vegans would be attacking and hateful in general, let alone towards other vegans. It makes me sad. It is a turn-off. I can make his comparison. I have a family member who is very Christian. This person is constantly trying to really drive the Christian point home at all times. This person is also a very unhappy, angry person, and extremely judgmental. Like to the max. They have tried to point me in the way of several Christian leaders, or whatever they are, people on TV. Like the Christian network or something. Anyway, these people also seem very angry. Like why are they yelling at me while they are preaching love, WHY? I am scared to be in a room alone with them, I'm scared they will try to waterboard me into accepting Jesus. My point is, it's not a very inviting look into Christianity, and if I were a rational, non-angry Christian, I would be pissed at their representation of that religion. It makes me feel like heaven must really be hell if I would be stuck with these angry bitter people waiting to judge. This is what non vegans must feel when they see or hear some of the vile thins that some of the vegan militia say.
At this stage of the game, we all know that cigarettes are not good for us. I knew they were bad for me when I smoked. But I chose to smoke anyway. It was an addiction. At this stage of the game we all know that a beige, fast food diet is bad. We know that weighing four hundred pounds, no matter your height is not a good look, or healthy. Like we all know it. There are people who honestly don't care what they put into their bodies. My ex boyfriend would only put a certain kind of gas from a certain station in his car, but will smoke a pack a day, and eat top ramen, McDonalds, Dominoes, just whatever junk every day. So, I hope the vegan police start thinking of other tactics. Attacking non vegans for their weight is not the way to go. Attacking vegans for their VEGAN food choices and /or weight is not the way to go either. I will try to let this subject rest FOR NOW.
On a totally unrelated note, I found some super cute thrift store finds the other day, and I wanted to share. Thrifting is so fun, and I love finding really unique items. I love when you find a mug that was clearly hand made by someone for someone, or some other hand made treasure.
I found this for ninety nine cents, and it sits perfectly on the wall above where I keep my garbage can. The wall was bare and kind of driving me nuts. I'm very much of a minimalist when it comes to furniture, but I do not like bare walls at all.
This picture is a perfect example of home made goodies. It's a list someone typed out of thirty-three ways to stay creative. I know this sounds strange, but I really get the warm and fuzzies, and I feel like when anything is made out of love, it's always going to radiate love and good vibes. I've been taking whatever free writing classes I can find at the library, so tapping into my creativity is something I have been really focusing on, as I love writing.
I also found this purse which I LOVE! It was like four dollars! The top is the front, and the bottom is the back. I just love thrifting so much. It's really amazing some of the things you find. It also says ALOT about our consumerist society, but I'll save that rant for another day!
My thought for today is Kindness. I want that to grow and grow and grow!



2 comments:

  1. I Love that list! What great thrift store finds. I relate to what you are saying about those types of vegans. It's funny as most of the vegans I've met in real life aren't like that it's something about social media that brings out the worst in people. I still get really annoyed by some of the things I read on some of the Facebook groups I'm in and I find myself having to step back from the computer at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about it, and I feel like what used to be kitchen table talk people just put out there on social media. It's taken away manners. And unfortunately, it seems even in the vegan world controversy and aggressiveness get you more attention. And these are adults too, not even teenagers. It's like social media allows everyone to stay a mean girl or boy. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete