Monday, November 9, 2015

Running Up That Hill

It has been raining here in Seattle for so many days now, I forget when I last saw the sky blue. The temperature is still pretty mild, especially coming off of a few winters in the snow belt. So, I'm trying to stay upbeat, because it really could be worse. I am struggling though. So, this morning was so hard to force myself to go up this damn hill. It was one of those days where I was cursing myself for even thinking of this dumb idea. I was ready to put it on hold until spring rolls around. I came up with five thousand reasons not to do it, and not one to do it. It was really hard to get myself to do it. Everyone was right, I am super stubborn! But guess what, I made myself,kicking and screaming, and today was the first day I noticed an improvement in my breathing! I didn't feel as winded when I got to the top! I mean, it's weird because I noticed a big difference just between yesterday and today! Progress woot woot! It may not be INSTANT gratification, but it sure feels great!
I'm glad I chose this goal in the rainy fall instead of spring or summer. It's more of a challenge. As I've been saying, this is about much more than exercise. On a side note, I swear I'm noticing an improvement on my thighs! But this is about making myself stick to my word, and sticking with something, even when it's hard. Believing in myself, and proving I can do it, whatever it is are skills I lack, and definitely want to work on.
I can hardly believe this is me typing these words. It seems so strange that I am choosing to be good to myself. No one can take this little accomplishment away from me except for me. Pretty cool. I like being part of the making good choices club, I think I'll stay for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment