Friday, November 13, 2015

Mainstream for the Win!

                                      
Thank you so much to Jennifer for bringing this video to my attention. Great minds think alike! Ha. I get wanting to be unique, and while it's not something that matters to me, I understand wanting to be exclusive, underground, whatever you want to call it. It happens to indie musicians, artists, actors, and so on if they gain popularity, often they face criticism from their longtime fans. Whatever, people will be people. But in the case of veganism, if you want it to be some sort of exclusive thing, than you are vegan for the wrong reasons. We want veganism to become so mainstream that we forget a time when it wasn't what everyone is doing.I went to Target yesterday for some paper towels and such(Litter!!) and they were having a sale on gardein, so I threw a package of the fishless filets in my basket, thought of the vegan food militia judging, and decided to go for the meatless loaf as well!
Today is another rainy day in Seattle, and I was trying so hard to talk myself out of my walk up the hill, and I almost convinced myself. But, I looked at the weather, and we are officially in faal/winter in Seattle, and rain is in the forecast for, well a really long time. So, I'm going to obviously have this argument with myself ALOT! But, I did it, and as usual when you push yourself I feel great. I feel very strongly that that hill is playing a big role in me continuing on with my health journey. And I have to say that my skin is so much softer, and less dry living in this rainy environment. When I'm huffing and puffing up that hill, the air that I'm huffing in feels so clean and fresh! And when I get home, my face looks like it was kissed by the dew fairy! It's not much, but it's my hill, and it will lead to bigger hills in the future!
I got this card at Trader Joe's yesterday. They have amazing cards for only ninety-nine cents! I have kind of a collage on my bedroom wall of various cards and such. So I hung this above my bed to remind me in my sleep.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Keep going up that hill! More motivation for you- apparently breathing cold air actually helps prevent you from being sick in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I hate winter colds and flu, and I ride public transportation!

    ReplyDelete